Terms and Conditions
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products and if requested our design service to you.
- We do not install kitchens. Please note our kitchens are made to measure and whilst our estimated delivery time is normally eight to ten weeks, we cannot guarantee the delivery time for your kitchen. We strongly recommend you do not book any kitchen installers based on our estimated delivery times.
- Please read these terms carefully before you order from us.
B. Information About Us And How To Contact Us
- We are Deson Kitchens Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 09551354 and our registered office is 30 St Giles’, Oxford, OX1 3LE and our trading address is Unit H, Nickel Close, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 7RJ. Our VAT number is GB 210837141.
- You can contact us by telephoning the office on 01962 863724, by email email@example.com or by writing to us at Unit H, Nickel Close, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 7RJ.
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided.
- “Writing” or “written” in these terms include emails.
- “Us”, “our”, “we” or “company” in these terms means Deson Kitchens Ltd.
- “You” in these terms means “you”, “your”, “both of you” or “all of you”.
C. Your Order
- We will provide you with a quotation and, if requested, a design plan. Your order will be accepted when you have paid your deposit.
- If we agree to provide you with a specifically designed plan, please check the accuracy and suitability of the plan in meeting your requirements. The plan will form part of your order so it is important to check that it is correct prior to placing your order. The plan will provide us with details of how to proceed in fulfilling your order. Amendments or changes to any plan or design or specification after acceptance of an order will incur additional costs that will be advised to you once we are in receipt of any proposed changes or amendments. Please note that any such design plan is and remains our property and you may not reproduce it in whole or in part without our prior written consent. Please also note that any such design plan may only be used by you in connection with our quotation or order for our products and services.
- If we are unable to accept your order, either in whole or in part, for whatever reason, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product and will refund any monies paid in connection with that order This might be because the product is out of stock or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- We will assign an order number to your order, please tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We only sell to the UK. Our brochure and websites are solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. We do not accept orders from address outside the UK.
D. Our Products
- The images of the products in our catalogues and brochures or on our websites are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the products accurately, we cannot guarantee that the pictures in our catalogues and brochures or on our websites accurately reflect the products. Your product may vary slightly from these images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, all measurements indicated on our website or in our catalogues and brochures have a 2% tolerance.
- Making sure your measurements are accurate. If we are making the product to measurements you have given us you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct and we are unable to accept any liability (financial or otherwise), responsibility, or inconvenience caused by incorrect measurements.
E. Your Right To Make Changes
- If you wish to make a change to the product that you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible, we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing for delivery or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
- Cancellation – if you wish to cancel your order any time after your deposit has been paid no refund will be issued. If at the time of cancellation, the order has been manufactured or is in the course of manufacture, we reserve the right to charge 50% (+VAT) of the outstanding order amount (excluding any costs for appliances if part of the order).
F. Our Rights To Make Changes
- We may change the product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements.
- These changes will not affect your use of the product.
G. Providing The Products
- The costs of design and delivery will be advised to you during the order process if appropriate.
- During the order process we will let you know when we expect to deliver the products to you. We will deliver the products, to the best of our abilities, at a time to suit you by mutual arrangement.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If the delivery of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. We are not liable for any costs or inconvenience incurred by you for delays outside of our control.
- Deliveries may be made by a third party courier. Deliveries will not be made where the ground condition is uneven, not suitable to unload or likely to cause damage to the delivery vehicle. If the driver is instructed to unload and leave materials on either the public highway or an adjacent pedestrian area or pavement, it is your responsibility to ensure the products are subsequently moved.
- If you are not home when the product is delivered, we will contact you by email or telephone to rearrange delivery.
- If, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or rearrange delivery or collection we may cancel the order.
- We do offer collection of products from our premises. Please contact us to discuss the collection of your products at least 7 working days before they are required.
- The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you provide.
- We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you and will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either cancel your order or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
H. Problems With The Product
- If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone us on 01962 863724 or write to us firstname.lastname@example.org or at Unit H, Nickel Close, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 7RJ.
I. Legal Rights
- Nothing in these terms will affect your statutory rights.
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- Twenty Five Year Manufacturer’s Warranty for products manufactured by us. In addition to your legal rights, we, Deson Kitchens Limited of Unit H, Nickel Close, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 7RJ, warrant that products we manufacture will carry a twenty five year manufacturer’s warranty provided :
- Damage resulting from use which is not considered to be normal wear and tear (in our absolute discretion) are excluded from this warranty;
- Any malicious or accidental damage as assessed by us (in our absolute discretion) is excluded from this warranty;
- The Customer or any third party alters or repairs such Products without the written consent of the Supplier are excluded from this warranty;
- Any issues arising under this warranty must be raised before the expiry of twenty five years from the date of installation of the products;
- The warranty only applies to the customer that purchases the product from us and is not transferable;
- If the kitchen is purchased as part of a new build project, that has an NHBC warranty, the warranty period will be reduced to ten years, but the rights under the warranty will be transferred to the first purchaser only of the newly built property as shown on the title deeds;
- If the kitchen is fitted in any residential property deemed by Deson Kitchens Ltd to be for the purposes of letting as a Buy to Let, the warranty period will be reduced to two years;
- Kitchens fitted in a non-domestic environment are excluded from these Terms and Conditions and any warranty is void.
J. Price And Payment
- The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price set out in your order. We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product (including delivery costs) in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- You must pay the deposit as advised on our invoice for us to accept your order and proceed with processing your order. The outstanding amount of our invoice must be paid at least 7 working days before delivery of the product. Your order will set out the details.
K. Our Responsibility For Loss Or Damage Suffered By You
- We are only responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are only responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result or by us failing to use reasonable care and skill. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the order was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the goods, including the right to receive goods which are: as described as accurately as is feasible and match as closely as possible the information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you allowing for possible colour differences in production during manufacture; of satisfactory quality; and deemed fit for purpose.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
L. Other Important Terms
- These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- If a court finds any of these terms and conditions illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact an alternative dispute resolution provider.
- These Terms and Conditions supercede all previous versions and are subject to change without notice. E&OE.